SAE AS5553: Counterfeit Electronic Parts; Avoidance, Detection, Mitigation, & Disposition
SAE AS5553 standardizes the requirements, practices and methods to reduce counterfeit parts entering the supply chain. It provides Requirements and Guidance by outlining actions an organization can take to address the growing problem of counterfeit parts across the entire electronics industry.
Buy a Copy of AS5553 from Tech Street
Incorporates recognized best practices in:
- Component Management
- Supplier Management
- Test/Evaluation Methods
- Response strategies when counterfeit components are suspected or detected
Who needs AS5553?
All electronic industries: Defense, Aerospace, Civil & Commercial
- Industry Associations
- Aerospace Industries Association (AIA)
- Best Manufacturing Practices Center of Excellence (BMPCOE)
- ERAI, Inc.
- Government Electronics & Information Technology (GEIA)
- Independent Distributors of Electronics Association (IDEA)
How bad is the problem?
It is an industry-wide global problem, particularily ind AS&D industries. ERAI, Inc. receives ~200 suspect counterfeit part complaints/month and confirmed more than 2800 brokers selling counterfeit components.
What are the Benefits of AS5553?
Reduction in counterfeit parts throughout the industry, thus limiting supply-chain risk