What is AS9110 Work Transfer?
Work Transfer Definition:
The movement of the work (products and associated activities) from one manufacturing site to another.
Examples of Work Transfer:
- Customer (organization) to supplier (Make to Buy)
- Supplier to customer (organization) (Buy to Make)
- Change from Supplier A to Supplier B
- Change of site at Supplier A
The above types are equally applicable to sub tier suppliers.
- Procurement strategy (e.g. Need for second source to secure the supply chain)
- Cost Reduction
- Performance improvements
- New Technology
AS9015 – 2007 – Supplier Self Verification Process – Delegation Programs
- This SAE Aerospace Standard (AS) further defines the requirements for a delegation process identified in Aerospace Quality Management System (AS9100 and AS9120, but not AS9110).
- Establishes minimum requirements for the delegation of product verification to an organization’s suppliers; outlining requirements for the initial delegation (qualification/selection), maintenance, and removal/withdrawal of delegations.
More information on Work Transfer:
Download the IAQG Work Transfer Management Process Guide for more information.
The IAQG Supply Chain Management Handbook (SCMH) provides more information on this, including some forms for each step of the process as outlined here: