What is SAE AS9101E?
Anyone planning to certify to AS9110C should have a copy of this document.
- What is AS9101E?
- What Changes were made to AS9101?
- Why did AS9101 change?
- What AS&D Standards will use AS9101?
- Other AS91xx Audit Related Standards
This standard defines requirements for the preparation and execution of the audit process. (This is what the Registrars will use to perform your audit)
Additionally, it defines the content & composition for reporting audit
conformity and process effectiveness to the 9110-series standards, the organizations QMS documentation, and customer/regulatory requirements.
Focus on EFFECTIVENESS and not just conformity
Some forms have been made more simple, so the auditor can spend more time auditing than complete forms. Note: the unwieldy Objective Evidence Report (OER) has been eliminated.
Every process should be audited to determine:
- Is the process identified and appropriately defined?
- Are responsibilities defined?
- Are procedures implemented and maintained?
- Is the process achieving effective results?
New Terms with related forms in the appendices
- Major Nonconformity
- Minor Nonconformity
- Nonconformity Report (NCR)
- Objective Evidence Record (OER)
- Process Effectiveness Assessment Report (PEAR)
- To align AS9101 with the 2009 versions of the standards
- Integrate the requirements of ISO 17021 for CB’s
- To focus on a process based approach. (NOTE: It is NOT a checklist)
Historically, each of the Aerospace Standards had their own checklist:
- AS9110:2003 used AS9111