What is AS9110? (Currently Rev B, 2012)
This standard defines the quality system requirements and offers additional comprehensive requirements/criteria for overhaul facilities and the maintenance repair for the aircraft industry at all levels of the MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul) process.
It is tailored for organizations with national airworthiness authority (NAA) repair station certification, but is also suitable for non-certificated organizations including those that provide maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for military aviation products. Companies whose primary business is providing maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for aviation sector products.
It is also intended to be used by organizations with maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations that operate autonomously, or that are substantially different from their manufacturing operations.
- PAMA members (Professional Aviation Maintenance Association)
- FAA 145 certified repair stations
- Companies seeking Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA) from the FAA to manufacture aircraft parts and components
SAE manages this standard which is regulated by the IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group).
AS9110 (2003) is obsolete.
- It is based upon ISO 9001:2008
AS9110 Rev A (2009) is still active, but has been replaced by AS9110 Rev C
Buy the Standard
AS9110 Rev C (2012) is the current version
Other Standards referenced in AS9110 SeeAerospace Standards Explained
AS9101 QMS Audit Requirements for AS&D (Pertains to AS9100C/9110A)
AS9103 Key Characteristics
AS5553 Counterfeit Parts
AS5553 Counterfeit Parts
ISO 10005 Quality Plans
ISO 10006 Project Management
ISO 10007 Configuration Management
The AS 9110 Standard is the requirements for a Quality Management System based on AS 9100 which adds requirements that are specific to the maintenance of aircraft. Besides the AS9100 requirements, there are additional criteria for maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities (MRO’s) serving the aircraft industry. SAE manages this standard which is regulated by the IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group). Here is a comparison of AS9100c and AS9110B.
Like AS9100, certification to AS9110 expands your market and improves your organization:
- An opportunity for improved product quality, operating efficiencies and reduced cost.
- Aligns your company to the best practices of the aerospace industry
- Demonstrates that you can deliver quality products and services to your customers
- Elevates your quality management system to the global standard adopted by the aerospace industry (IAQG)
- Expands your customer base to include global aviation companies
- Perform a Gap Analysis to determine what your existing QMS needs.
- Document your system with a Quality Manual and Procedures. The AS9100 Store offers a complete set of documentation ready for you to customize. Learn more…
- Implement the new procedures
- Audit your system to make sure you procedures are being followed
- Have a registrar audit your company for certification to AS9110C
For a more detailed explanation, our AS9110 Steps to Certification will still apply since the standards are so similar.